How positive is your self-image? Answer these true or false statements and find out.
1. My glass is always half-empty, not half-full.
2. I'm always apologizing for things.
3. I'm always telling myself I "should" be doing this or that.
4. I constantly criticize myself.
5. What other people think about me dictates how I feel about myself.
6. I am critical of my mistakes and relive them over and over.
7. I always let the people who care about me down.
8. I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders.
9. A partial failure is as bad as a complete failure.
10. I bend over backwards to please others.
11. I am not sure I have done a good job unless someone else points it out.
12. It's hard for me to forgive and forget.
13. I have to work harder than others for relationships and am afraid that the relationships I have will fail.
14. If I don't do as well as others, it means that I am not as good as them.
15. If I can't do something well, there is no point in doing it at all.
Give yourself 1 point for each question you answered with a "true".
0 - 4: You have a generally positive way of thinking and should feel good about yourself. Keep it up!
5 - 8: You may be struggling with some negative emotions. Take time to review your good qualities.
9 or more: You can be very critical of yourself. Challenge yourself to change your way of thinking!